Sunday, March 8, 2009

Bale me outta here man!


The Welsh-born actor, 35, called the KROQ radio station in Los Angeles to express his regret over the profanity-laden tirade directed at the director of photography on his film Terminator Salvation.
"It's been a miserable week for me", he said of public reaction to the leaked audio recording.
"I know I have a pottymouth, everybody knows that now. I have no confusion whatsoever. I was out of order beyond belief ... I acted like a punk.
"I regret that and there is nobody that has heard that tape that has been hit harder by it [than me]".
In the four-minute recording, which contains 39 uses of the F-word, Mr Bale is heard threatening to quit the film last July if his colleague Shane Hurlbut was not fired.
Mr Hurlbut incurred the actor's wrath after accidentally walking into his line of sight during a scene.
Bale's "inexcusable" verbal assault on Mr Hurlbut has led to many questioning whether the star breached the acceptable boundaries of an "artistic temperament".
"I am embarrassed by it and I regret it", Bale said of his behaviour. He put his short fuse down to having a "bad day", and asked listeners to consider whether they have ever lost their temper "and really regretted it immensely".
The actor went on to reveal that he was struggling with the pressures of fame.
"One thing that has really disturbed me throughout this is I'm not familiar or comfortable with this notion of being a movie star", he told the station.
"The thing that disturbs me so much is that I've heard a lot of people saying that I seem to think I'm better than anybody else".
Claiming this assertion could not be "further from the truth", Bale acknowledged how fortunate he has been.
"I never forget that and that is why I put so much into what I do and I care so much about it", he said.
"Sometimes that enthusiasm just goes awry."