Monday, August 25, 2008

Message for the Italian Deli



To whom it may concern (probably none)

I've been living 5 minutes away from you since 1989. I don't know if management has changed in that time as I stopped coming to you many years ago for one simple reason, I like it thin! I've been going instead to the Deli that used to be on Hornsey Road but since they moved to Crouch End last year I've been returning to yours, but you still can't grasp the idea of customer service. I know, it's London init and we the consumer are just supposed to take whatever we get and shut the f**k up, but enough is enough! Every single time I ask for my Mortadella to be cut thin I get it thick! Every single time! I think you can comprehend 'Waffer thin, paper thin, as thin as you can get it, really really thin, or as thin as possible' but the real problem is you just don't give a toss! Blimey, it's like a whole extra 30 secs of your life wasted to please your customers! It's not exactly like there is a huge queue around the block is it? Or, do you think we don't actually notice when we get it back home? I do know you can do it, as it happened to me once, and once only, when a Eastern European girl was working there about a year and a half ago! I hope she gets a special place in heaven! You guys on the other hand, well, who knows! Hopefully buried up to your necks in hot burning tar! I've Italian background and grew up on Mortadella so don't give me the Goodfella's routine. I've always been a firm supporter of my local deli, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to sell my soul to the devil now and go to Waitrose. Sad really, but the girls down there will cut it thin! Maybe I'll pop in one day and try reverse psychology! 'Nice thick piece of luncheon meat mate! Yeah, really thick like me!'

Ciao!