Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sorry Francis! Revised sober!

Will I ever learn?

Thanks for reminding me DJP! I didn't post this before, because I thought he compromises himself in this documentary a bit! And, as he is one of the most important influences on me, and my favorite painter, I didn't want him to be seen in an unfavorable light. Although, as you say, it's a tasty morsel, so I hope any wankers out there can see past the structure of this dated documentary and even the ole boy himself.

When I read 'Interviews with Francis Bacon - David Sylvester' while I was travelling in Asia somewhere, it was the single most important thing I had read, towards inspiring me to have a go at being an artist!

READ these interviews! He is much wiser than he seems here......
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Interviews-Francis-Bacon-David-Sylvester/dp/0500274754

And, I think he could just be Cain to Babaji's Abel.

Meanwhile, I shall continue to battle my own Cain. Let's shift it up into high gear and have a go with him then!